Thursday, January 6, 2011

featured: victoria takahashi

steel

Victoria Takahashi creates incredibly imaginative and unique jewelry and some of her Ring a Day pieces are my favorites, this is her last ring for the challenge. The amazing design and fabrication skills required to accomplish this piece make my jaw drop, I especially love the way it bisects space and engages the wearer who is caged by the ring. This piece illustrates exactly what making a ring every day felt like for me.

Victoria is one of the most creative people I know. If you haven't seen her work yet hurry up, you're missing out.



2 comments:

  1. She is an incredible artist! That final ring is awe-inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thats me!?

    THANKS TOMI!
    what nice things to say, I appreciate the mention :)

    Its funny TOmi, because EVERYTHING you said above is exactly how I feel about you too!

    thank you my friend!
    v

    Thank you AdobeSoul :)))

    ReplyDelete