Tuesday, August 23, 2011

a bracelet for Nina Garcia

Pierced brass cuff with variscite stone that I cut and polished.


Made for the EtsyMetal Project Runway Jewelry Challenge. For this week's episode the designers were challenged to create an outfit for Nina Garcia, the winning design will be worn by Nina and featured in Marie Claire magazine. Nina prefers a smooth and crisp silhouette, she generally wears tailored clothes without too much embellishment or excess fabric. I searched around the web and she seems to like chunky jewelry - she wears a lot of cuffs (sometimes one on each arm), and she likes to wear them on her upper forearm as well, which I find striking.


I love the winning design from this week's show, created by Kimberly Goldson, and I made a cuff in my style that coordinates with the outfit. Kimberly's gold, textured top has many sharp details and makes such a statement that a big and bold bracelet seems all that's needed to set it off and balance the asymmetry.

(I made the bracelet closer to Nina's size than my own.)

Kimberly's winning outfit plus my bracelet. I hope I don't get sued for using this image, I couldn't help myself. At any rate the cuff is not for sale - unless Nina wants it!

No comments:

Post a Comment